TRIR September 20, 2018 Web Update
Work during the Design Development Phase of the Tucker Road Ice Rink (TRIR) replacement project continues and remains a priority. In August, the design team, Grimm + Parker, conducted a series of internal technical meetings with staff that included evaluation of the following facility design features:
- Ice systems
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems
- Special Design Review
- Site/Landscaping and Hardscaping
- Kitchen Equipment and a Room by Room functional elements
- Security/Communications Design Review
- International Green Construction Code (IGCC) Sustainable Design credits
Next steps involve the completion of the Design Development Phase. The design team expects to submit the 100% Design Development documents by the end of September followed by the immediate start of the Construction Documents Phase. During the Construction Documents Phase, the design team will complete the building and site construction detail drawings and specifications as well as other documents required for bidding and construction of the project.
Below is a list of anticipated milestone activities developed by Forrester Construction, the Construction Manager at Risk:
- Fall 2018 – Design Development Submission
- Fall 2018 – Construction Documents Phase Begins
- Spring 2019 – Guaranteed Maximum Pricing due
- Spring 2019 – Site Permits released and Building Permit Submission expected
- Spring 2019 – Construction Begins for site-work
- Coming Fall 2020 – Completion of on-site construction activities
Forrester Construction continues to refine the project schedule based on work progress and other factors that could impact the project. These milestone dates are subject to change. The current projected schedule reflects the additional time required to complete the initial procurement process, and the time associated with securing supplemental funding during the FY19 budget process. Therefore, the anticipated project completion is Fall of 2020.
A community-wide meeting will be held in October to share our progress on the building design and schedule. We look forward to presenting and sharing our vision for the design of the new Tucker Road Ice Rink. The notice for the October meeting will be issued later this month. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to move forward on this important project for our community.